Why Singapore?

Table of Contents

Thanks to a unique infrastructure, flexible tax system and minimal bureaucracy, Singapore is a favourable and prestigious country, in which to establish a business.

Factors to setup business in Singapore

When setting up a Singapore Business, the most common legal form for foreign investors is the private company limited by shares (Pte. Ltd.). A private limited company is defined as a local incorporated company with no more than 50 shareholders. Shareholders’ liability is limited to the amount of their paid-up capital contribution.

There are many advantages of a private limited company for foreign investors. It protects the personal assets of individual investors, unlike proprietorship or partnership, and provides tax benefits under certain conditions. With private limited company, the dividends payable to shareholders are not taxable. Additionally, it allows shareholders and foreign directors to apply for an Employment Pass.

Singapore offers various incentives to corporates running their business in the country. Some of the incentives are as given below:-

  • Personal tax rates start at 0% and max out at 20% above $320K
  • Singapore is rated #1 in the world by World Bank for ease of doing business
  • Singapore is ranked the third wealthiest nation in the world by Forbes magazine
  • There are no dividend or capital gains taxes in Singapore
  • There are no dividend or capital gains taxes in Singapore
  • Singapore is situated in the heart of Southeast Asia, making it possible for your business to access a market of 2.8 billion people and Singapore’s extensive network of Free Trade Agreements, Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreements and Investment Guarantee Agreements, as well as its comprehensive air, sea and IT infrastructures, provides for seamless flow of goods and services to markets around the world.

Tax incentives

Tax incentives to start-ups in Singapore

  • Zero tax rate on first $100000 for first three years of incorporation
  • 50% exemption in the corporate tax rate on another $200000 for first three years of incorporation
  • Certain other tax rebates to the corporates as and when changes are brought in the budget on an annual basis
  • GST will be applicable only after crossing a turnover of $1 Million

Other Incentives

  • Government grants, up to 70 percent of costs, provided for companies in certain industries keen to adopting IT solutions and equipment to enhance business processes.
  • No auditing is required for a company which qualifies as a small company.
  • Singapore has no restrictions on foreign ownership of business. The repatriation of profits and the import of capital are freely allowed. Shareholders, including investors who receive dividends out of company profits, are exempted from Singapore taxSingapore is one of the best places to set up company and run your business.
  • IP protection – the country has ensured that IP and copyright laws are in synergy with the global laws on IP protection, as it grants increased public access to intellectual property.

Details of Singapore

Currency

Singapore Dollar (“SGD”)

Exchange Control

No exchange control in Singapore.

Type of Law

Common Law

Language

The most commonly used official languages are English and to a lesser extent, Chinese, Malay and Tamil which are also official languages.

Population

The different races live together with mutual respect and in racial harmony. The people is well educated and hardworking. Singapore has a population of approximately 4 million people. More than 75% are Chinese with the remaining 25%, mainly Malays, Indians and others.

Political Structure

The People’s Action Party, its single dominant ruling party since its independence in 1965, rules Singapore. Singapore is one of the world’s most politically stable and corruption-free countries.

Singapore Economy

Contact Task now.

We provide services like Singapore Business Registration , Singapore Company Registration , Corporate Secretarial Services Singapore , Company Secretary Singapore , Bookkeeping services , Accounting services / Payroll in Singapore.

Evening picture in central business district.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email